Saturday, September 10, 2011

Summer's ending and I STILL don't have a kitchen!

So construction on the new kitchen edition began at the end of April. We managed to keep a working range and oven until July, but we've now been without either for over two months. It's getting old. Who knew having so many kitchen gadgets would come in so handy. The electric frypan has saved my sanity (along with the microwave, roasting oven and hotplate.) However, cooking is still a beeyatch and I want to bake, dangnabit! I am hoping for a finished kitchen in a month - month and a half - tops. I hope.

I've created a couple of on-the-fly recipes that once I have a kitchen I can suss out the actual measurements and write down and share. I made a kick-ass sweet potato and brussel sprout hash that was AMAZING! And I figured out how to transform one of my favorite pre-health dishes, Win's Shrimp and Spaghetti (which I often made with langostinos instead of shrimp or without "meat" at all) into an equally delightful, whole-foods dish. Yummers! Both dishes can easily be made gluten free, vegetarian or vegan. I can't wait to share!

In the meantime, have you tried Raw Revolution bars yet? They are delish, vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free. I've had the Chocolate & Cashew, Raspberry & Chocolate and Coconut & Agave Nectar. All wonderful. Available in B'ham at the Food Co-op and in the Seattle area at Whole Foods and area PCC's among other places. Check out their website for stores.

Tonight I'm making mushroom quesadillas. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment